Chinese tennis star denies sexual assault accusation | sports news


It appears that Shuai Bing alleges that former Chinese Vice Prime Minister, Zhang Gaoli, sexually assaulted her in the past.

Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai claims she has never accused anyone sexually assaulted her A post on social media in November was misunderstood.

Ping’s well-being became a concern for the global tennis community and rights groups when it appeared to allege that China’s former deputy prime minister, Zhang Gaoli, had sexually assaulted her in the past.

After this post, she has been absent from the public scene for nearly three weeks.

Ping said in the video posted by Lianhe Zaobao, a Singaporean media.

Peng Shuai said she was living in her home in Beijing without supervision [File: Wang He/Getty Images]

Bing’s comments on Sunday marked the first time she had addressed the matter in public on camera.

I spoke on the sidelines of the Shanghai cross-country skiing event I attended

‘private matter’

Bing said that what she posted on Weibo, a Twitter-like social media site that was quickly removed, was a “private matter”.

The 35-year-old said in the video that “people have a lot of misunderstandings” about her Weibo post, without going into details.

She also said that she was living in her home in Beijing without supervision.

Early this month, the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA), which sought to find a direct line of contact with Peng, She said she would suspend the tournaments in China immediately due to concerns about Bing’s treatment and the safety of other players.

China has not directly commented on Peng’s initial position, but said after the WTA’s move to suspend tournaments in China it “opposes the politicization of the sport”.

Zhang did not comment on the matter.

Discussion of the scandal, which emerged as Beijing prepares to host the Winter Olympics in February, has been closely censored in China.

Ping said in a video posted on Sunday that she herself wrote a letter last month to WTA president Steve Simon, denying the assault allegations, and that an English translation of it by Chinese state media was accurate.

Simon had said at the time that he “had a hard time believing” Bing It has already been written e-mail or the veracity of what was attributed to it.

The IOC held two video calls with 35-year-old Peng.





Source link

Powered by BeaconSites